Sunday 23 May 2010

Olives, Cheese and Maccy D's...







A few weeks ago, i decided to plan a surprise trip to my home town in Kent; as my friends and family were under the impression that i wouldn't be back until the beginning of June, i felt that this surprise would be a definite shocker :) On my farewell night in Southampton, it's safe to say it was messy, which is all you can hope for when on the chaotic club crawl 'Carnage'. Unfortunately, after a few too many bevvies i was a tad tipsy (lets just say) and managed to lose the battery out of my mobile...the hangover the following day was horrendous.


After lugging two large holdalls, as well as my intoxicated self on the long journey of public transport, the struggle to keep down my jacket potato was a success (thank god), and i eagerly awaited to open the door to see my mum's excited expression. However, she was not in...typical.


Well, when she finally arrived home later that evening, i managed to achieve my goal, as the bewilderment in my mothers face appeared very shocked that i was back. Then Monday came, so i decided to make a few cheeky phone calls to all the girls and encourage them to venture to Soap in Canterbury that night. As i was home for summer, i thought this was a well deserved reason to go out on the razz! My friends were still rather unsure of my exact whereabouts and didn't quite believe that i was back in town..well this was until they turned up to my door ready for a night of pissed up antics!!

As per, Monday was one of those very memorable nights that in fact you cant remember..a classic adventure filled with vodka redbulls, cheesy tunes and many tumbling heels. Perfection. In my enthusiastic state when we eventually climbed into bed, i did not sleep for too long, and was glad to learn that my friend Amy had also woken..the hunt for food had begun. But as we had all camped at a house in Canterbury, the chance for anything edible was scarce; although i did manage to chomp on a few naughty slices of cheese and several green olives. As the rest of the troops rose from their drunken coma, we decided to venture to Maccy D's for that desperately needed quarter-pounder! The nasty stodge was just the thing everyone yearned for; an attempt to raise us from hanging like a gorilla. All in all it was one hell of a night and was great to be back :)


After being home for over a week now, i have enjoyed the relaxation and have successfully diminished the constant hangover that freshers year had delightfully donated to me; however, after my many countless baths and home-cooked meals, i have to confess i am missing the wild lifestyle that uni entails. So i will aim to drag the girls out for a many more crazy nights of flowing drinks and constant dancing..just to keep life interesting :) And they call me a wino...why ??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment