Thursday 25 March 2010

Because your Bum needs a Buddy...







Above are a few photos that i recently took of my friend Toni Ogle; she is wearing an unusual accessory that will hopefully make a delightful return!


After reading through a recent months issue of Vogue (February or March, i can't remember!), i discovered a feature regarding 2010's summer must-haves. And to my surprise i saw a shocker of an addition..The bumbag is back!


For my magazine design unit on my course, i have to research a new trend and create a two page spread about it. The Vogue fashion forecast regarding the revival of the bumbag inspired me to focus my spread on this legendary 80s accessory.


In previous years, the bumbag was pigeon holed into a stereotype regarding tourists and pensioners. It is simply a frumpy and ugly purse for OAP's on their SAGA cruises right? Wrong. Since researching this trend, i am intrigued and excited to discover that the king of fashion, Mark Jacobs has updated and transformed the bag into something 'cool' to purchase and be seen in. Lois Vuitton too has jumped on the bandwagon and now offers a more extravagant version of the bumbag; I also recently saw a photo of Rhianna sporting one in a subtle cream colour.


After the 90s, being seen wearing the infamous bumbag was social suicide! But with the help of fashion legends and celebrities joining in with the modern transformation, the bumbag will hopefully blossom into a necessity in your 2010 summer wardrobe.


Throughout my process of creating my magazine spread i feel that i have built connection and loving relationship with the trend, as if it is almost a living person! If anyone mentions to me that they would never be seen dead in a bumbag i get insulted and feel like i have to stand up for it..(No I'm not insane ha!) So i have decided to purchase my own little bum buddy. I will either be credited for my brave choice or mocked for my attempt to bring it back to life! Either way..watch this space :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment