Saturday 27 March 2010

A moment on the lips..a muffin on the hips!



Although I'm an average size 8, the idea that the dreaded bikini months are rapidly approaching sends me into a wild flurry of anxiety! This may be down to my bingo wings and giant heiny choosing my figure as their current accommodation; their stubborn nature just has no hunger to flee. No matter how much i spend on the ghastly treadmill, the extra pounds of my, lets just say, 'curvy' behind simply refuses to disappear.


I believe every girl or woman will know the extreme aggravations with that small extra bit of fat that just sits above your waist..there are a number of nicknames for this irritating little sod. 'The tyre', 'The muffin top' 'The jelly belly'. Regardless of how slim we may be, from size 6 to 16, this determined little beast never fails to hover over our skinny jeans. So as the summer months crawl in and the clothes get thinner and shorter, the conundrum of the muffin top returns once again.


The ongoing female furry with weight is something that will loiter forever; however i feel that our obsession with the perfect figure is something that tickles the back of most women's minds every single day. But it never used to be such an issue; remember the Spice Girls in the 90s? Ginger Spice (Geri Halliwell) emphasised her curves in that infamous union jack dress; whilst Baby (Emma Bunton) showed off her healthy figure in their 'Wannabee' music video. These women were considered very much as eye candy for many men. However, since the 21st century fixation with perfection, why has size zero become sexy?


But regardless of the skinny debate surrounding the media; knowing that food plays an imperative part in the fluctuation of our clothes size, far from persuades me to quit my snack cupboard! The day i give up crumpets and peanut butter is the day i am put to my grave! So i guess ill have to learn to love my big ass and 'curvy' love handles..and if not, I'm sure a cheeky kaftan will do the trick...




No comments:

Post a Comment