Wednesday 24 March 2010

Flower Power


As the spring months approach, i can't help but tumble into the temptations of the fresh accessories sweeping the stores this season. I have always been a sucker for an over-sized ring, a woolen scarf or a quirky necklace; however, this time its the curse of the flower headband that's melting my bank account.


Studying fashion journalism at university always seemed a justified excuse for my obsession with shopping; i have to look presentable, I'm on a course surrounded by a swarm of delicious clothing. Therefore surely I'm allowed to spend my student loan in Topshop? Two semesters later..I'm already smothered with debt, but the only thing that crosses my mind is..three weeks till my next loan installment..Southampton town here i come!


The story of the flower headband is short but holds DEFINITE importance! (However pitiable that makes me sound!) Due to the fact that my hair resembles a birds nest kind of quality, i never believed that any hair accessory would tame the beast, so i steered clear of all things band-like. However, i recently approached a dusty pink number in Accessorize and the bond was formed..my fixation had begun.


The thing with the flower headband is that it transforms any outfit. A casual tee or plain dress is automatically uplifted by this modest little touch situated on my mess of frizz and curls. The stress caused by having 'nothing' in my wardrobe is relieved by the wonder of each flower-band. My love affair with this wonderful accessory may sound ridiculous, but another girls obsession with diamonds is my obsession with floral head-wear!


1 comment:

  1. Yeh there are a ton in H&M at the moment, saw em and thought of you!!

    when the flower accessories come out, we all know what that means...

    SUMMER!!

    btw when we get our next loan you need to help me abuse my discount

    ReplyDelete