Friday 26 March 2010

Vodka Virgin to Vodka Victim..


I'm currently sitting in the alluring and delectable comfort that is my bed at uni (yes, sarcasm). But regardless of the springs poking into my bum, I'm actually in a strangely blissful mood.


Last night was the beloved Cook Flat's last night out before the Easter bunny breaks us up for a three week holiday; without fail..it was messy. The night began with the traditional routine that is the one and only Ring of Fire, a drinking game with a number of rules guaranteed to get you 'panineed'. As i normally attempt to demolish a few glasses of ASDA's £5 box of wine, i feel that my solo effort to finish off almost half a bottle of vodka was impressive. Bottoms up :) However, as the night progressed Cook Flat got rather emotional!


As our penultimate term comes to an end, the kings of banter, Alastair Horner and Andy Brint started us all off on two rounds of speeches. Although it was predominantly meant as a joke, i feel that locked away in the back of everyone's tipsy and blurry minds, held a moment of premature nostalgia regarding the memories of this incredible 1st year as young and bonkers freshers! After the fabulously cringe-worthy clinks of glasses, the antics continued as alcohol circulated around the room.


As always, in my slightly 'intoxicated' state of mind, when approximately 10.15 approaches i never forget to spend an essential 5 minutes in my room dancing to a few songs on my record player. The music that projects from the kitchen speakers is not exactly my cup of tea! So i feel i need a moment or two with my small but beloved record collection. The classics that usually tiptoe out of the crackly speakers include Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson or Buddy Holly; these musical legends never fail to send me off on a great night. However, last night as the vodka flowed, this part of my evening never quite happened! Still, as per usual, it was an eventful night.


Now camouflaged in my duvet, still maybe a tad 'merry', i can't help but think how insanely lucky i was to be thrown into a flat with a faultless crowd of flatmates. Hmm..reading this back later i can already feel myself gagging at the disgustingly corny tone of this blog..but I'm sure i can blame it on the leftover vodka still swirling around my brain! On a final note (at last I'm sure your thinking!) i just want to thank all of Lucia Foster Cook Block for a fantastic 1st year..bring on our last semester and just remember to 'down it fresher!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment