Wednesday 14 April 2010

Ode to eBay..


Hello student loan! On Monday 12th April, joy and excitement was delivered to me and my bank balance, as the long awaited installment finally entered my account. The very first thought that floated into my mind, as i saw the sparkling view of my bank summery was, 'how can i spend this wisely?' There was obviously only one place to abuse this delicious helping of cash, and it was of course, eBay.


What is not to love about this genius site? Even at the end of each semester, when buying cuppa soup is a bit of a stretch, i just can't resist a sneaky peer on eBay as the possibilities of finding a bargain are significantly high. So as my bank account got less lonely and my overdraft got a tad shorter, i let loose in the world of bidding! Not knowing what exactly i was looking for, i typed 'vintage clothing' into the enticing little search engine; a field of all things pretty stared back at me. Everything from bags to dresses sent thrills down my spine! I tossed an array of bids on several appealing items; these included a dark brown leather satchel from 1972, a pair of second hand cream shades, plus a black and white polkadot playsuit, which was first worn in the late 1960s :)
Audrey Hepburn is a prominent style icon of mine; i just adore her natural relationship with fashion and how she could pull anything off with such elegance and grace, even if it was a binbag! I saw the playsuit and couldn't resist; although polkadots is not something she would have exactly worn, i feel that it sits in close proxemics to her style of clothing, so it simply had to be mine! This meant, the war of the auction had commenced, and i was not going to back down easily...especially now i had a comforting number waiting in my bank account!


After an hour of addictive bidding, i was suffering from eBay insania. With my aching eyes blurry from my constant glaring at these alluring treats, i decided to tear myself away and do something productive..like going out with the girls!


The next morning, i was delighted as i saw these satisfying words on my screen; 'i need to pay for three items'. So after all, i had successfully won the battle of the bid, and will soon have a scrumptious parcel coming my way, full of vintage charmers :) Farewell student loan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment