Friday 30 April 2010

Shrunken Knickers and Charcoal Sausages :)


As freshers year is coming to an end, and i will soon be forced to empty my beautifully cluttered bedroom at halls, i have been feasting my eyes on all things furniture. As i peer at the pretty delights glimmering over Urban Outfitters 'gifts at home' pages, I am already envisioning my new bedroom at 59 Wilton Avenue :)

However, even though i am already grieving the abandonment of our adorable cook flat, i have decided to focus on all the positive attributes that second year holds; which is mainly the excitement of renting a REAL house. But the thought of actually living somewhere without my parents, or any other forms of supervision (such as the pestering security guards of Lucia Foster), just sounds enormously grown up! Although i am turning 20 this September, i am far from the mature young woman that i was expecting to be at this 'ancient' age. I still cook all my meals in the microwave, spend all my money on useless rubbish, get excited by the antics of hide and seek, and continue to dodge the punishing price of an adult bus ticket, as i pay the meagre sum of £2.50 for a child explorer.

So the thought of moving into our new house makes me feel like a kid in a candy store! I simply can't wait to make it our own with the combination of our homely touches. I can just imagine picture frames of our fresher adventures scattered around the living room, silky pillows circling the wooden coffee table (ready for pre-lash shenanigans), plus colourful biscuit tins and an array of fridge magnets animating our kitchen. There's obviously only one place that entraps such endless decorative possibilities, and that is of course, IKEA. I'm now incredibly eager to splash my unearned dollar on everything from cutlery to beanbags!

So as first year comes to a conclusion and we now edge nearer to the world of 'adulthood', i have decided that this is the year that i will attempt to mature...which doesn't mean i won't stop giggling at the word penis, or put away my childhood bear, but i will aim to successfully overcome my fears of the washing machine and conquer the conundrums of the cooker! Good luck to my housemates; watch out for shrunken knickers and charcoal sausages...


No comments:

Post a Comment