Monday 26 April 2010

Pork Pies and Cheese Sandwiches...


Sitting in the library with a black coffee and a cheeky kitkat, i feel i need a well deserved break from the suffocation of uni work. So i couldn't resist a little peek on eBay!

A few weeks ago i suddenly had a strong desire to purchase a bike...this is very unlike me as i am the biggest boob at cycling. I generally can only handle pavements and flat surfaces; indicating is far from smooth and will most likely result in the bike trampling over my bruised knees! So, as i can barely ride this wheeled contraption, my urge to buy one came as quite a shock.

However, the one i have my eye on is not your typical bike; it is a classic 1970s retro bike! Its creamy colour and wicker basket rested on the front, immediately provoked my excitable grin...i thought, if i was to have a bike, this was definitely the one for me! So i bid a comfortable £40 on the teasing item eagerly awaiting on eBay; as i believed that i was safe with my bid and quietly confident that i could win, i regrettably left the site and typically lost the auction. My dreams of riding blissfully underneath the blue skies had been crushed by this ruthless bidder!

Ever since then i can't resist a sneaky peak on the site to repeatedly review my chances of owning my own retro wheels! 'Old fashioned bicycle with basket' are the only words that hit the search engine lately; so as I'm stuck in the library all day, i feel that it this a perfect opportunity to pop the magical words into eBay. A bike ride with friends just seems like an ideal and CHEAP way to spend the summer; especially with the world of opportunities that my wicker basket will hold...pork pies and cheese sandwiches definitely won't go a miss! I simply have to invest.

But my luck on eBay seems to be vastly dissolving, as evidence of my dreamy bicycle is non existent. But nevertheless..I'll continue inspecting each hopeful page and will eventually secure my very own vintage vehicle :) But for now its back to the monotony of work..2000 words on medieval fashion. Kill. Me. Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment