Monday 20 June 2011

'Life's Tough Get a Helmet'


After watching a few too many episodes of Sex and the City/The Hills, I have began to think about relationships and that four-letter word that only conjures fear and confusion, well for me anyway. Recently something really quite difficult happened to me in that sticky area, but let's not get into it. All i can say is that old cheesy phrase, 'you never know what you have until it's gone' (vomit) but unfortunately it's true.

Betrayal and a broken heart is the hardest thing to mend when you are bored. It sounds odd, sure, but since living at home again for the summer, life is not quite as exciting as it was in my student digs. I've kept myself busy with writing, seeing friends and going out etc, but then there's those occasional moments when your stuck indoors and your thoughts can't be squashed with activities. I do not deal well with boredom at the best of times, but when you don't want to be left with your own wonderings, it is a killer. Perhaps, I'll buy a puzzle, there's no romance in board games. Although maybe I'll just stick to drinking with the gals; after a couple (unfortunate choice of word) followed by a night of embarrassing dancemoves, I guess that sinful four-letter word will dilute a little more with each sambuca shot ;)

As that soulful lass, Eva Cassidy, once sang 'Time is a Healer', I think I'll have to agree with her. But with Carrie Bradshaw dictating her love life all over the TV, this 'time healing' malarkey has proved a tad tricky. I suppose, patience is a virtue (another saying in the mature cheddar level of cheese, apologies). However, this is another trait I don't quite posses. So with my hatred of boredom and my lack of patience, I believe I'm possibly the worst candidate for a broken heart. However, now's the time to move on and forget, as Lauren Conrad once said, 'Life's tough, get a helmet.'

2 comments:

  1. Ahh Maisie, I know only too well the dangers of relationships and the follies of the heart...

    The time thing is BOLLOCKS in my opinion, the only sure fire way is amnesia. Forget the whole damn thing. Purposely get hit by a car or repeatedly head butt a wall is the easiest way to achieve this.

    Or, go lezza xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lezbo it is! :/ HA! although not a big fan of boobs so think il stick to that old expression..'you cant get over someone until you get under someone else' ha! SOLD xxx

    ReplyDelete