Wednesday 22 June 2011

Live Bands and Rubber Boots...



Today is the day when the jolly festival goers will be packing their dry shampoo, setting up their tents and heading off to Glastonbury. Since Beach Break and IOW have already launched 2011's festival season, this weekend welcomes the likes of Biffy Clyro, U2 and my favourite fella in the industry, Morrisey. However, with my student overdraft sinking into further debt, I am giving myself to the workplace this summer. Working five days a week in a call centre, means I shall finally be able to tiptoe my bank balance back to zero! But this means, no holidays, no festivals, no fun (que violins).

Therefore with over two months of a 9-5 slog to endure, I feel with my first paycheck, I deserve a treat. Yes, spending money before I have earned it, unfortunately a classic trait of mine. Nevertheless, as I am foregoing a whole summer of no adventure, I believe I should compensate this with a cheeky purchase. Wellies! Although I won't be heading anywhere in need of these little booties, I like to pretend I am. Well, at least the shop assistent will think I have a life.

Anyway, the dream of owning a pair of Hunter's, is highly unlikely with the current state of my finances. So instead, I intend to search for the perfect pair of khaki classics. While those merry festival goers gulp their Gaymer's cider and slur along to the songs, perhaps I should create my own festival?! With an IPod full of 80's cheese and a fridge full of Frosty Jacks, Glastonbury better watch it's back. Or not.

Still, with the amount of drizzly greyness surrounding our British summer, my wellies will fit right in. Who needs live bands when you have rubber boots? Hmm, Glasto 2012? Perhaps I'll start saving...

No comments:

Post a Comment